- Employment and Training
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Communicating with the Ministers of Transportation and Agriculture and Agri-food regarding the Canadian grain handling and transportation system. Including the implementation of recommendations made through the Canadian Transportation Act Review.
- Grain Handling and Transportation System: Lobbying for changes to the Canada Transportation Act as it related to the regulation of the western Canadian grain handling and transportation system and the maximum grain revenue entitlement program.
Policies or Program
- Environmental policies specifically ecological goods and services as it relates to Growing Forward 2 policy framework under Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Growing Forward 2 policy framework in the areas of business risk management, environment, science and renewal.
- Producer payment security for agricultural sales not covered by the Canadian Grain Commission's payment security mechanism.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Lobbying for changes to the temporary foreign worker program that eliminate the 4 in - 4 out provision for agricultural workers.
- Canada Grain Act, formerly Bill C-13, with respect to the producer security mechanism and inward weighing and inspection under the Canadian Grain Commission. Replace for existing bonding system with an insurance based program is expected.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
House of Commons
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
To coordinate the efforts of agricultural producers throughout Manitoba for the purpose of promoting their common interests through collective action to assists members and, where necessary, government, in and for promoting agricultural policies to meet changing economic conditions; and to collaborate and cooperate with producers outside of Manitoba to further this objective. To promote and advance acceptance of positive social, economic and environmental conditions of those engaged in agriculture.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Individual members and provincial commodity and special interest groups.
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
203-1700 Ellice Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0B1
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- James Battershill,
General Manager |
No public offices held