Registration - Consultant
CANADIAN VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION / Association canadienne des constructeurs de véhicules / Michael Powell, Consultant
Total Number of Communication Reports: 26
Monthly communication reports in the last 6 months: 0
Version 17 of 21 (2015-11-02 to 2016-06-01)
- Employment and Training
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Ensuring the interests of the vehicle manufacturers are considered as the government develops its budget relating to the reduction of corporate taxes.
Policies or Program
- A proposed comprehensive economic partnership agreement between Japan and Canada.
- Encouraging the development of an integrated approach to automotive policy (Strategic Automotive Policy).
- Ensuring that the development of the security and prosperity partnership with the United States and Mexico allows for the expeditious shipment of finished and unfinished product across the Canadian Border.
- Ensuring the interest of vehicle manufacturers are considered by negotiators as they enter into discussions with foreign states relating to the liberalization of bi-lateral trade relations, the creation of multi-lateral trade organizations and the finalization of trade agreements. Vehicle manufacturers are interested in ongoing negotiations with the Republic of South Korea, Columbia, Peru, as well as trade liberalization with the European Union; other future trade agreements.
- Ensuring the interests of the vehicle manufacturers are considered as it considers changes to the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) credit.
- Ensuring the interests of the vehicle manufacturers are considered during the development and implementation of the Automotive Investment Fund and other government sectorial supports.
- Promoting improvements to existing trade infrastructure and supporting investment to develop new border crossing points in Canada's major trade corridors. This includes, but is not limited to, the Windsor Detroit gateway, the Atlantic gateway, and the Pacific gateway.
- Proposed Free Trade Agreement with the European Union with respect to motor vehicles
- Proposed free trade agreement between Canada and the Republic of Korea with respect to motor vehicles
- The Canada-United States Border Agreement, particularly as it relates to regulatory harmonization between Canada and the United States and ensuring the free flow of goods across the border.
- The Trans Pacific Partnership, especially as it relates to the trade in automobiles and automobile parts.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Ensuring that the interests of vehicle manufacturers are considered when border policies developed under the Canada Customs Act. This includes, but is not limited to: Customs Self Assessment, Free and Secure Trade, Partners in Protection, Partners in Compliance, Advanced Electronic Information, Administrative Monetary Penalty System, Emergency Planning and Business Resumption Planning, and the Electronic Manifest program.
- Ensuring the interests of the vehicle manufacturers are considered during the development of policy affecting the content of vehicle advertising and matters applicable to the automotive industry under the Competition Act.
- Ensuring that the interests of vehicle manufacturers are considered as the government reviews the regulatory requirements for alternative, and renewable fuels, including hydrogen vehicles and associated fuel quality standards for all motor fuels.
- Ensuring that the interests of vehicle manufacturers are considered by regulators as they effect new Motor Vehicle Safety regulations as promulgated under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
- Ensuring the interest of vehicle manufacturers are represented in amendments to the limits and Methods of Measurement regulations of the Telecommunications Act related to radio frequencies.
- Ensuring the interests of vehicle manufacturers are considered by regulations as they effect new motor vehicle emissions standards as promulgated under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act. National Fuel Economy Standards as set by regulation promulgated under the Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standards Act.
- Vehicle Fuel Economy Regulations with respect to tailpipe emissions standards
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
- Environment Canada
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- House of Commons
- Industry Canada
- Members of the House of Commons
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Transport Canada (TC)
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
170 Atwell Drive
TORONTO, ON M9W 5Z5
Fax number: 416-367-3221
Principal representative of the client
MARK NANTAIS, President
Parent Company Information
CANADIAN VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION / Association canadienne des constructeurs de véhicules is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
CANADIAN VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION / Association canadienne des constructeurs de véhicules is not a coalition.
Person or Organization with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of CANADIAN VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION / Association canadienne des constructeurs de véhicules are not controlled or directed by another person or organization with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
CANADIAN VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS' ASSOCIATION / Association canadienne des constructeurs de véhicules does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Michael Powell | No public offices held
66 Queen St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5C6
Consultant Firm and Address
Firm: IMPACT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
222 Queen St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5V9