- Consumer Issues
- Internal Trade
- International Trade
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-28, Strengthening Environmental Protection for a Healthier Canada Act - interest in provisions that affect personal care products and ingredients.
- Cosmetic Animal Testing Legislation - interest in advancing workable legislation that aligns with the ban in the E.U. and fits within the context of the Self-Care Framework.
- FOOD AND DRUGS ACT: Interest in portions of the Food and Drugs Act that relate to personal care products.
- USER FEES ACT (COST RECOVERY FOR DRUGS): Interest in user fees that pertain to personal care products.
Policies or Program
- Chemicals Management Plan - interest in substance assessments and risk management planning relating to personal care product ingredients of interest to our industry.
- SELF-CARE PRODUCT FRAMEWORK (Under Development): Development of a new framework or cosmetics, non-presciption drugs and natural health products
- COSMETIC REGULATIONS: Interest in the Modernization of the Cosmetic Regulations and the development of guidelines related to the manufacture, packaging, labelling, advertising, sale and importation of cosmetic products.
- DRUG REGULATIONS: Interest in the Drug Regulations as they relate to personal care products.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT REGULATIONS: Interest in the development of environmental assessment regulations for substances in products registered under the Food and Drugs Act.
- NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCT REGULATIONS: Interest in aspects of the Natural Health Product Regulations as they relate to personal care products.
- NEW SUBSTANCE NOTIFICATION REGULATIONS: Interest in the development of regulatory notices and corresponding policy considerations regarding the management and assessment of new substances of interest to our industry.
- NEW VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS REGULATIONS: Interest in the development of new volatile organic compound for certain products regulations.
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
REPRESENTING THE INTERESTS OF THE CSOMETICS & PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS INDUSTRY (COSMETICS, OTC DRUGS, NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS).
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
President and CEO
Organization's membership or classes of membership
FOUR CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP: BRAND MEMBERS, CUSTOM MANUFACTURERS, ASSOCIATE MEMBERS (SUPPLIERS OF GOODS OR SERVICES), RETAIL MEMBERS.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
In-house Organization Contact Information
102 - 420 BRITANNIA ROAD EAST,
MISSISSAUGA, ON L4Z 3L5
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Beta Montemayor,
Director, Science, Regulation & Market Access |
No public offices held
- Richard Parcels,
Assistant Director, Regulation & Market Access |
No public offices held
- Darren Praznik,
President and CEO |
Public offices held