- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- National Security/Security
- Privacy and Access to Information
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject matters added through a monthly communication report
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Copyright Act, in respect of amendments related to user rights and intermediary liability.
- Income Tax Act, in respect of a proposed 'digital renovation tax credit' for small and medium sized businesses.
- Position of the Government and 42nd Parliament on the Anti-Terrorism Act, 2015, in respect of internet safety, data protection and online surveillance.
Policies or Program
- Broadcasting policy, specifically related to governing online content.
- Consideration of the creation of a Government digital service, a central office to coordinate digital transformation of the Government of Canada
- Government of Canada consultation on Canadian Content in a Digital World
- Innovation policy, specifically policies or programs related to the adoption of technology by small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Internet advertising policy, specifically the adoption of digital media and advertising by government.
- Internet policy, specifically the implementation of policy affecting the governance of the internet.
- Marketing programs related to the ‘Destination Canada Millennial Travel’ campaign and the ‘Canada 150’ celebrations.
- Policies that would encourage growth of The Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor, an 100-km stretch that is the second largest technology cluster in North America and is a global centre of talent, growth, innovation and discovery
- Providing feedback to a Canada Revenue Agency employee on draft government communications training program
- Public service polices to create greater digital skills
- Public service policies to encourage more open government
- The Digital Canada 150 strategy in respect of internet safety and data protection, and innovation policy.
Canada Post Corporation (CPC)
Canadian Heritage (PCH)
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)
Competition Bureau Canada (COBU)
Competition Tribunal (CT)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Safety Canada (PS)
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Shared Services Canada (SSC)
Transport Canada (TC)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Infrastructure Canada (INFC)
In-house Corporation Details
Description of activities
Provider of internet-based products and services.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Corporation Contact Information
111 Richmond St West
Toronto, ON M5H 2G4
Parent Company Information
- Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States of America
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Google Canada Corporation does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
List of Senior Officers whose lobbying activities represent less than 20% of their Duties
No lobbyists added
List of Senior Officers and Employees whose lobbying activities represent 20% or more of their Duties
- Jason Kee,
Policy Counsel |
No public offices held
- Colin McKay,
Head, Public Policy & Government Relations, Canada |
Public offices held
- Lauren Skelly,
Senior Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst, Canada |
No public offices held