- Aboriginal Affairs
- Consumer Issues
- Employment and Training
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Increased funding and administration of oral health care for seniors living independently and in long term care facilities.
- Increased funding and federal leadership to improve provincially funded dental programs for persons with disabilities.
- Increased funding for research to help improve oral health for Canadians.
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Increased funding for Canadian Faculties of Dentistry with regard to dental education.
- Increased investment and improved regulations to protect and enhance the oral health of Canadians Indigenous Children.
- Investment from the Government of Canada in order to regulate and facilitate the development of Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Canadian Environment Protection Act - Mercury-ROMS (Risk Management Strategy) with regards to safe disposal of dental amalgam waste.
- Excise Tax Act: GST and Dental Services: Changes to the application of the GST (Zero-rate) on Dental Practices.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document (PIPEDA) with regard to improvements to privacy of health information.
Policies or Program
- Federal Budgetary Process with regards to funding of dental care. As well as pre budget consultation with regard to Federal investments of taxation changes to improve the oral health care of Canadians and practice environment for dentists.
- Improvements to non-insured health benefits and dental program in order to enhance the oral health status of patients accessing the program.
- Iso Technical Committee 106 with regard to the creation of international standards for dental devices and materials.
- Oral health programs and policies related to prevention and care of children's oral health in indigenous communities.
- Promotion of positive public health initiatives and achievements
- Strengthening Canada's tobacco control strategy and National Tobacco control programs.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Chemical Management Plan: The Challenge process with regards to the regulation of Bisphenol A in oral health care.
- Discuss the negative impact and strain that taxing employer provided health benefits would have on the health of Canadian and on the provincially funded healthcare system.
- Discussing the importance regarding regulations surrounding food and beverage marketing to young children, as well as food labeling and healthy eating for Canadians, and its positive impact on oral health.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
Senate of Canada
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
1815 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON K1G 3Y6
Aaron Burry, Interim CEO
Parent Company Information
Canadian Dental Association / Association dentaire canadienne is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Canadian Dental Association / Association dentaire canadienne is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Canadian Dental Association / Association dentaire canadienne are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
Canadian Dental Association / Association dentaire canadienne does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
No public offices held
604-1849 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2
Consultant relationship to the client
- The registrant is on the board of directors for this organization.