Registration - In-house Organization
TEAMSTERS CANADA / François Laporte, PRESIDENT
Version 30 of 45 (2015-11-01 to 2015-12-01)
- Employment and Training
- Financial Institutions
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Bill C-377 An Act to amend the Income Tax Act to seek its repeal.
- Bill C-52 A Safer Railway Act, in support of the Bill with the deletion of Section 17, which deletes the definition of fatigue science from the Rail Safety Act
- Bill C-525 an act to amend the Canada Labour Code to seek its reapeal
- Finance Canada - regarding the planning and implementation of the budget
- Pension Innovation for Canadians: The Target Benefit Plan opposing conversion from DP plans and the issue of consent in regards to application of arbitration.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act - regarding the implementation of the transport security clearance.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Regulation
- Financial Sector Division Department of Finance - regarding the Strengthening the Legislative and Regulatory framework for Private Pension Plans Subject to the Pension Benefits Standards Act, 1985
Policies or Program
- Cabinet directive on streamlining regulations with respect to the one-in, one-out aspect of the directive.
- Security and Prosperity Initiative with respect to the creation of a North American security and regulatory regime.
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program negative impact on employment in the film industry
- The Trans Pacific Partnership and the need to keep dairy off the table to maintain the Marketing Boards.
- Transport Canada - Member of the Advisory Council on Railway Safety by invitation of the Ministry redarding the safety and security of the railway industry.
- Transport Canada - Member of the Canadian Aviation Regulation Advisory Council by invitation of the Department regarding the safety and security of the aviation industry.
- Transport Canada - Permanent Observers on the Advisory Council to the Minister of Transport on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by invitation of the Ministry regarding the safety and security of the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Transport Canada - Regulated member of the Canadian Council Motor Transportation Administrators by Regulation regarding the safety and security of the motor transportation industry.
- discussion with Transport Canada about the review of the Canadian Aviation Transport Security Authority regarding screening of passengers and baggage
- operation of the Observer Program of Fisheries and Oceans Canada with respect to the issuing of contracts.
Policies or Program, Regulation
- The Railway Safety Act implementation of regulations on Rail Safety, the oversight and public disclosure of Safety Management Systems and the deregulation of the sector.
- Proposal to Amend the Canadian Industrial Relations Board Regulations with respect to the operation of the Canadian Industrial Ralations Board
- Public Safety, the regulation of firearm acquisition for employees i n the armoured car sector.
- Transport Canada regulation "Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service" -regarding the implementation of the Regulation
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Grass-roots communication
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Atomic Energy Control Board (AECB)
- Canada Labour Relations Board (CLRB)
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (CHRT)
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT)
- Canadian Pension Commission (CPC)
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA)
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Competition Tribunal (CT)
- Correctional Service of Canada (CSC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment Canada
- Farm Products Council of Canada (FPCC)
- Federal Environmental Assessment Review Office (FEARO)
- Federal Office of Regional Development – Quebec (FORD[Q])
- Finance Canada (FIN)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Grain Transportation Agency (GTA)
- Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC)
- Health Canada (HC)
- House of Commons
- Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB)
- Industry Canada
- Justice Canada (JC)
- National Defence (DND)
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- National Film Board (NFB)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages (OCOL)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
- Pension Appeals Board (PAB)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
- Privy Council Office (PCO)
- Procurement Review Board of Canada (PRB)
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- Public Service Staff Relations Board (PSSRB)
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Senate of Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Solicitor General Canada (SGC)
- Statistics Canada (StatCan)
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB)
- Transport Canada (TC)
- Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
- VIA Rail Canada
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
DECENT WAGES. JOB SECURITY. WORKING CONDITION. BENEFITS. SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT. THESE ARE THE ISSUES WHICH MEAN THE MOST TO WORKING MEN AND WOMEN ACROSS CANADA. AND THESE ARE THE SAME ISSUES WHICH TEAMSTERS CANADA AND ITS LOCAL UNIONS KEEP AT THE TOP OF THEIR LIST AS THEY WORK ON BEHALF OF MORE THAN 120,000 MEMBERS ACROSS CANADA.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
François Laporte, PRESIDENT
Organization's membership or classes of membershipWE REPRESENT 1,5 MILLION MEMBERS ACROSS NORTH AMERICA AND WE ARE A VERY DIVERSIFIED UNION. TEAMSTERS CANADA HAS ESTABLISHED TRADE DIVISION TO COORDINATE BARGAINING AND SERVICES FOR MEMBERS IN THEIR OWN INDUSTRIES. THE TRADE DIVISIONS ARE: RAIL, AIRLINE, CONSTRUCTION, DAIRY & SALES DRIVERS, FREIGHT, GROCERY AND RETAIL STORES, MOVIE AND TRADE SHOW, PARCEL AND SMALL PACKAGES, WAREHOUSE AND MISCELLANEOUS.
Government fundingNo government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
In-house Organization Contact Information
2540 BOUL. DANIEL-JOHNSON BUREAU 804
LAVAL, QC H7T 2S3
Fax number: 450-681-2244
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Don Ashley, National Legislative Director Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Locomotive Engineers | No public offices held
- Phil Benson, Lobbyist | No public offices held
- Ken Deptuck, National Advisor | No public offices held
- François Laporte, PRESIDENT | No public offices held