- Economic Development
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution, Policies or Program, Regulation
- Ratification and implementation of the intellectual property-related elements of the United States Mexico Canada Agreement.
Policies or Program
- Federal programs and budgetary initiatives related to the Federal-Provincial-Territorial funding arrangements regarding pharmaceuticals including addressing any health technology assessment-related or other policy discussions that might involve Health Canada and its ongoing relationship with the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) and/or other pan-Canadian health organizations.
- Federally-funded public drug plans, with respect to reimbursement for drug products for federal plan beneficiaries.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada regarding the Innovation and Skills Agenda and other government policies and programs related to incentivizing research and development activities in Canada.
- Proposals to amend guidelines related to the operationalization of the legislation and regulations governing the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
- The federal role in considering developing and/or funding a national pharmacare program, including engagement with the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare and its Secretariat on issues related to access to medicines and rare disease and orphan drug policies
Policies or Program, Regulation
- Proposed amendments to the Patented Medicines Regulations pre-published in Canada Gazette, Part I on December 2, 2017.
- Regulatory amendments and/or guidelines and/or policies related to the Food and Drugs Act and Health Canada review of drugs for rare diseases.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Justice Canada (JC)
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
No government funding was received during the last completed financial year.
Client Contact Information
PO Box 81062
Ottawa, ON K1P 1B1
Bob McLay, Chair
Parent Company Information
RAREi - The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / iRARE, le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
- Alexion Pharma Canada Corp.
3100 Rutherford Road
Vaughan, ON L4K 0G6
- Amicus Therapeutics Canada Inc.
6500 Trans-Canada Road
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 0A5
- Biogen Canada Inc.
90 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C3
- Biomarin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
c/o Mark Bennett, Cassels Brock, 40 KING STREET
2100 SCOTIA PLAZA
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
- Horizon Therapeutics Canada
9131 Keele Street
Vaughan, ON L4K 0G7
- Ipsen Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.
5060 Spectrum Way
Mississauga, ON L4W 5N5
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Canada
100 King St West
Toronto, ON M5X 1C9
- Recordati Rare Disease Canada Inc.
3080 Younge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 3N1
- Sobi Canada Inc.
1155 North Service Rd. West
Oakville, ON L6M 3E3
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Canada) Inc.
20 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2N8
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of RAREi - The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / iRARE, le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
RAREi - The Canadian Forum for Rare Disease Innovators / iRARE, le Forum canadien des innovateurs spécialisés dans les maladies rares does not have any subsidiaries that could have a direct interest in the outcome of the undertaking
Public offices held
150 Metcalfe Street
OTTAWA, ON K2P 1P1
Consultant Firm and Address
3Sixty Public Affairs Inc. / 3Sixty Public Affairs Inc.
150 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1