- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- Employment and Training
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Science and Technology
- Small Business
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit, Policies or Program
- Discussions concerning federal budget priorities including creation of the Boomerang-o-vation innovation internship program, proposed by Tech-Access Canada.
- Discussions related to designing and building respectful, accessible, sustainable, and functional residential housing in five First Nations communities, as proposed by Tech-Access Canada.
- Discussions related to the Interactive Visits program administered by Tech-Access Canada.
Policies or Program
- Discussions concerning federal budget priorities including support for increasing capacity of Canada's Technology Access Centres, as proposed by Tech-Access Canada.
- Discussions concerning federal budget priorities including support for the Inclusive Innovation Initiative proposed by Tech-Access Canada.
- Discussions related to the Clutch Innovation Platform Consortium, proposed by Tech-Access Canada.
- Requesting meetings with officials to provide an overview on the nature and contribution of Technology Access Centres to Canada's regional economic development and business innovation outcomes.
- Seeking the participation of content matter experts from the Technology Access Centres in all relevant federal policy discussions concerning applied research and development, and business innovation.
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Canada Foundation for Innovation
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev)
Finance Canada (FIN)
House of Commons
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
National Research Council (NRC)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Rural Economic Development (Minister’s Office)
Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Women and Gender Equality (WAGE)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Tech-Access Canada is the formal, national network of Canada’s 60 Technology Access Centres (TACs). Canada’s TACs are specialized applied research & development centres affiliated with publicly-funded colleges and cégeps. TACs have dedicated research staff, faculty, and students engaged in applied research, specialized training, outreach, and other innovation support services of benefit to the Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) within priority economic sectors. Based in Ottawa since 2015, Tech-Access Canada, a federally-incorporated not-for-profit organization, facilitates the sharing of best practices between member TACs; works to harmonize service models across regions; promotes applied research to external audiences; and administers the Interactive Visits program and Jumpball Initiative.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Organization's membership or classes of membership
Tech-Access Canada's membership is comprised of, and restricted to, Technology Access Centres (TACs) as designated by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. At present, Tech-Access Canada's membership includes the 60 Technology Access Centres operating across Canada.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
National Research Council (NRC)
In-house Organization Contact Information
116 Albert St. Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G3
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Ken Doyle,
Executive Director |
No public offices held