- Aboriginal Affairs
- Economic Development
- International Trade
- Regional Development
- Research and Development
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Grant, Contribution or Other Financial Benefit
- Explore Strategic Infrastructure Fund opportunities to expedite decarbonization projects for large emitters.
- Explore opportunities to access Low-carbon and Zero-emissions Fuels Fund to reduce carbon intensity of fuels.
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- Sector specific plans regarding Canada's proposed net-zero carbon emissions legislation.
- Working with government to develop best practices around the measurement and certification of lower greenhouse gas (GHG) natural gas.
Policies or Program
- Consulting on Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage incentive program design.
- Consulting on the program design for legislated greenhouse gas (GHG) targets for the oil & gas sector.
- Engagement with government officials on disruptions to business, health & safety requirements, and opportunities to help with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Opportunities relating to the oil and gas sector arising from the Hydrogen Strategy for Canada.
- Renewal of funding for the Natural Gas Innovation Fund (NGIF).
- Liquid Clean Fuel Standard regulations, including credit generation opportunities arising from reducing emissions in fossil fuel refining and producing low-carbon fuels for blending.
- Methane emission standards for the oil and gas sector.
- The impact of Canada's proposed carbon pricing framework on emissions intensive, trade exposed industries.
The lobbyist has arranged or expects to arrange one or more meetings on behalf of the client between a public office holder and any other person in the course of this undertaking.
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
House of Commons
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
Intergovernmental Affairs Secretariat (IGA)
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Government of Alberta (Emissions Reduction)
Government of British Columbia (Clean BC)
Client Contact Information
250 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7
Leah Turner, Director, Public Affairs
Parent Company Information
Tourmaline Oil Corp. is not a subsidiary of any other parent companies.
Coalition Members Information
Tourmaline Oil Corp. is not a coalition.
Individual, organization or corporation with a Direct Interest Beneficiary Information
The activities of Tourmaline Oil Corp. are not controlled or directed by another individual, organization or corporation with a direct interest in the outcome of this undertaking.
Subsidiary Beneficiary Information
- Tourmaline Oil Marketing Corp.
251 Little Falls Drive
Wilmington, DE 19808
United States of America
Public offices held
95 St. Clair Ave, West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6
Consultant Firm and Address
Counsel Public Affairs Inc.
95 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 1N6