Subject Matter Details
Policies or Program
- The CHC support Canada's voluntary-collection system for blood and blood products, including plasma. It opposes the paid-collection of blood and blood products.
- The CHC supports the Canada Health Act and the enforcement of its provisions by the federal government using its spending authority.
- The CHC supports the establishment of a national pharmcare program, based on the recommendations contained in the Final Report of the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare (2019).
- The CHC supports the establishment of national standards for long term care, supported through conditional federal financial funding.
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB)
Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
Privy Council Office (PCO)
Senate of Canada
Government institutions added through a monthly communication report
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
Preserve and improve Canada's public health care system and monitor federal government performance of its duty to enforce the Canada Health Act.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
National Director of Policy and Advocacy
Organization's membership or classes of membership
National organizations of health care workers, seniors, unions, community organizations, faith-based organizations and academics, as well as affiliated coalitions in the provinces and one territory.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
In-house Organization Contact Information
116 Albert St., suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G3
Employees who lobby for the organization
- Steven Staples,
National Director of Policy and Advocacy |
No public offices held