- Employment and Training
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Trade
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Taxation and Finance
Subject Matter Details
Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution
- PLANT BREEDERS RIGHTS ACT with regard to PROTECTION OF NEW VARIETIES OF PLANTS
Policies or Program
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Growing Forward II Stakeholder Reference Group
Member of the Grains Round Table
Member of the Seed Value Chain Round Table
Member of the Special Crops Value Chain Round Table
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada: Certified Seed Tax Incentive Program. Tax Credit on seed purchased by farmers who buy certified seed.
- Agriculture and AgriFood Canada programs to support a role for private sector investment in agricultural resarch.
- CFIA BIOSAFETY OFFICE - Developing a science and risk based assessment and management system for the low level presence of material containing unapproved genetically modified events.
A domestic policy and to advocate an internationally accepted standard to facilitate trade.
- EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING - enhancement of Seasonal Agricultural Workers programming
- HEALTH CANADA Pest Management Review Agency (PMRA) MINOR USE REGISTRATIONS, Participate in AAFC Minor Use Priority Setting meeting each April. The purpose is to include seed tratment products in the Minor use program.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE
bi-lateral and multilateral trade agreements - re seed tariffs, intellectual property and low level presence of GM material
- Participate in the Industry Advisory Group to the Market Access Secretariat, to advise on international market access and trade issues.
- STATISTICS CANADA SEED IMPORT AND EXPORT CODES AND STATISTICS, Annually update the codes to be used by Exporters of Seed
- TAXATION AND FINANCE
advocating the implementation of a certified seed tax incentive
supporting and enhancing the Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credit
Policies or Program, Regulation
- CFIA ANIMAL FEEDS DIVISION
Identification of novel feeds
- CFIA BIOSAFETY OFFICE
Novel food, feed and plants with novel traits
- CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY (CFIA) AMENDMENTS TO SEEDS REGULATIONS AND VARIETY REGISTRATION Variety Registration Regulations with regard to Crop Placement of oilseed soybeans and forage species, Weed Seed Order, Grade Tables, Variety Deregistration , Review of the Seed Certification System and development of alternate service delivery systems for field inspections.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Finance Canada (FIN)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAITC)
Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission (HMIRC)
Health Canada (HC)
House of Commons
Members of the House of Commons
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
Revenue Canada (RC)
Senate of Canada
Service Canada (ServCan)
Solicitor General Canada (SGC)
Statistics Canada (StatCan)
Transport Canada (TC)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
In-house Organization Details
Description of the organization's activities
THE CSTA IS AN ASSOCIATION OF SEED COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THE BREEDING, MULTIPLICATION, CONDITIONING AND MERCHANDISING OF SEED. MANY MEMBER COMPANIES HAVE SUBSTANTIAL INVESTMENT IN RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND ARE ENGAGED IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE.
Responsible officer name and position during the period of this registration
Chief Executive Officer
Organization's membership or classes of membership
ACTIVE MEMBERS ARE INDIVIDUALS, FIRMS, AND CORPORATIONS MADE UP OF PLANT BREEDERS, SEED PROCESSORS, SEED BROKERS AND OTHERS WHOSE PRIMARY BUSINESS IS DEALING IN OR SELLING SEED AND SEED RELATED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS PROVIDE SERVICES TO THE MEMBERS COMPANIES OF THE CSTA. AFFILIATE MEMBERS ARE ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS WITH INTERESTS IN COMMON WITH THE CSTA.
End date of the last completed financial year:
List of Government Funding
Funding Received in Last Financial Year
Funding Expected in Current Financial Year
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
In-house Organization Contact Information
39 Robertson Road
Ottawa, ON K2H 8R2
Lobbyists employed by the organization
- Patty Townsend,
Chief Executive Officer |
No public offices held